The body is both amazingly resilient and delicate. Living our lives on two legs offers us advantages, but make us vulnerable to unique risks. The ability of our bodies to carry us through a lifetime of activity, adventure, and injury, is largely reliant upon our ability to endure and adapt to any given environment or challenge, while maintaining our greatest mobility and balance.
Injury, repetitive motion, lack of motion, and stress can quickly (or very gradually) rob us of our youthful ease of motion, strength, and endurance. Left unaddressed, these losses will likely have us agonizing over actions we once took for granted. Life can seem more of a chore when we are unable to lift ourselves from a chair, our children from the ground, or a barbell from a mat, without severe discomfort or immobilizing pain.
The following is a partial list of common issues that have been helped through this work:
- Unexplained tooth pain
- Unexplained pain most anywhere in the body, including but not limited to, head, neck, face, chest, arms, back, hip, knee, and lower leg.
- Pains that radiates down arms or legs.
- Sharp, dull, or aches and pains
- Burning sensations
- Knumb-like sensations
- Pains that come and go, as well as pains that never leave.
- Hurts to breath deeply, sneeze, or cough.
- Frozen shoulder or other joints.
- Plantar fasciitis.
- Sports injuries, work injuries, life injuries, and seemingly out of no where injuries.
- You’ve experienced chronic or acute discomfort or pain.
- You’ve tried everything else without lasting improvement.
- Your body seems to get in the way of living your life.
- You would like to bring your strength, speed, and endurance to a higher level.
- You believe you are capable of more than your body is currently willing or able to provide.
- You don’t believe that a youthful body is only meant for the young.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Being treated over the course of one, three, twelve, or more sessions.
- Work done while laying down, sitting and while standing.
- The work might resemble massage in appearance, but is decidedly different in intention, sensation, and result.
- Being asked to be present and an active participant in each session.
- It is not all rainbows and butterflies. The work is often full of sensation, but should NOT be painful.
- Your relationship between you, your body, and gravity will likely change for the better.